Last edited: November 2013
Apptic LLC ("Apptic") is committed to making our website a fun place to visit. We know that you care how information about you is used and shared. And if you're worried about your privacy — or the security of our site — it's hard to have a good time! That's why we work hard to protect your rights.
1. What personal information about you does Apptic gather?
The information Apptic collects from you helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at our Sites. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Purchase Related Information: We receive and store any information you enter on a Site or that you provide to us when you enter promotions or sweepstakes or use our products or services. Some information, such as a valid email address or credit card billing information, may be necessary to purchase a game, subscribe to a newsletter or one of our services, access particular features, or otherwise transact business with us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. As detailed more fully below, we use the information that you provide to verify your right to access products and services, and for billing, responding to your requests, responding to customer service inquiries, customizing your experience at our Sites, improving our online stores, improving our products and services, and communicating with you. We may also occasionally ask you to provide information voluntarily, such as your opinions about games or your demographics none of which is required to access our products and services.
- Information About Other People: On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift certificate online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient's name and email address. We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to send the gift certificate, and this information may be shared with companies or agents who perform this function on our behalf. We do not otherwise share this information with outside parties.
- Technical Information We Collect Automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we may automatically send software and other information to your computer and receive non-personally identifiable information from your computer, including without limitation, information about your operating system, hardware and software versions, which we will use to: 1) automatically update (with new features, bug fixes, etc.) our products and services that you have downloaded; 2) perform quality and assurance testing for our products and services; and 3) deliver information about other products and services we offer. In addition, our servers automatically recognize your computer's IP address and other technical information about your Web browser and domain name. See the section below entitled "IP Address Information" for more information. Like many websites, we also use automated tools, such as "cookies," to obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Sites and through your online interactions with our Sites. Please see the section entitled "Automated Tools" for more information.
We may use the information gathered through these methods in anonymous or aggregated form to analyze ways to improve our products and services. In some cases, we may assign a unique anonymous identifier to the Apptic product or service which you have downloaded. By using the non-personally identifiable information that is associated with such identifier, we can personalize your experience, recommend products and services or make special offers to you specifically based on your preferences and usage of our products and services, without personally identifying you.
- Game Play Data: When you play an Apptic game while connected to the Internet, we may record game play activity, such as game scores, how often a game is played and the use of game features.
- Social Networking Site Services: Some features of the Sites may be able to connect to your social networking sites to obtain additional information about you. In such cases, Apptic may be able to collect certain information from your social networking profile when your social networking service permits it, and when you consent to allow your social networking site to make that information available to Apptic. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, profile picture, gender, user ID, email address, your country, your language, your time zone, the organizations and links on your profile page, the names and profile pictures of your social networking site "friends" and other information you have included in your social networking site profile.
2. IP address information
Each time you visit Apptic.me or another Site, our Web server automatically recognizes your IP address, as well as other technical information about your Web browser and domain name. In addition, our servers may look up the IP address and other information about your computer or handheld device so that Apptic can: 1) display specific or localized content and advertisements that may interest you based on the geographic location of your computer, 2) enable certain features of Apptic.me or the relevant Site, and 3) display the appropriate monetary currency.
3. Automated tools
4. How does Apptic use information it receives?
Apptic uses the information we gather for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you, to bill you for products and services, to collect and remit applicable taxes, to communicate with you concerning your account, and for other customer service, authorization, account history and billing purposes. This may include credit card authorization and verification, free trial access, location verification for products and services which may have limited geographical access, and the like.
- To improve our software and services by providing personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions.
- To track purchases and usage as necessary for the purpose of making royalty or other payments to third parties. However, your personally identifiable information will not be transferred to such third parties unless you have been notified in advance and given an opportunity to opt out or cancel.
- To offer you upgrades, updates, content, services, games or other products and services.
- To ask you to participate in surveys about products and services.
- To provide you with news and newsletters, special offers, promotions, and targeted advertising.
- To better understand how users access and use our products and services, including our Sites and advertising, on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our products and services, and responding to customer desires and preferences.
5. When and how does Apptic share information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as (1) compatible with the purposes described above, (2) when we have your permission, or (3) as described in this section.
- Protection of Apptic and Others: We reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, judicial proceedings, court order or other legal process; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Apptic, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
6. How secure is information about me?
- For information about you that Apptic receives or processes, we take commercially reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- We will not reveal or store more than the last four digits of your credit card number when you place an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. We strongly recommend that you implement measures to protect your computer from unauthorized access such as firewall protection and anti-virus software.
Apptic does not sell products for purchase by children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under age 13, you may use our Sites only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
8. Terms of Service
9. Does Apptic participate in the BBBOnLine Privacy Program?
Not at this time.
10. Contact us about privacy
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our products or services or would like to make a complaint having to do with a privacy matter, please contact us as follows:Apptic
phone: (925) 786-1384